MAY 19, 2017
2018 THROWSFEST UPDATES
- 22 MAR 18 – Registration Open
Please read below carefully for important registration & meet information. Should you have any questions, please contact Garrett Collier at email@example.com.
HOW TO REGISTER
Athletes wishing to register for this meet may do so by clicking the Orange Registration button above, or CLICK HERE.
Seed Marks: Athletes are asked to please submit seed marks with their registration. False seed marks will result in an athlete being enteres as no mark.
Athletes must have a 2018 Competitive Membership with BC Athletics, another Athletics Canada Branch Member (i.e. Athletics Alberta), or another IAAF Member (i.e. USATF); or
Be a member of a 2018 BC School Club member; or
Can enter the meet by taking out a BC Athletics $3.00 Day of Event membership (can be done at the meet) in addition to the entry fees.
This event is limited to athletes in the Midget (U16), Youth (U18), Junior (U20) and Senior (20+) age categories. Masters (35+) will be permitted into the event on a space available basis. Heat Sheets will be posted online at www.kajaks.ca/throwsfest by 12:00 PM on Wednesday May 16th, 2018.
Entry Deadline: Registration Fees for this event are $20.00 CDN per event before Friday, May4th, 2018 at 11:59PM PST.
Late Registration: Late Regstrations Fees for this event are $30.00 CDN per event before Tuesday, May 15th, 2018 at 11:59PM PST.
Day of Event Registration: Athletes will be able to register on the Day of Event for the Late Registration Fee if space is available.
Throwing implements will be provided by the Kajaks Track & Field Club, however athletes are strongly recommended to bring their own.
This event will be at the Collier Throws Centre located to the north of Clement Track at Minoru Park.
09:00 AM – Registration & Weigh-Ins Open
10:00 AM – Shot Put
11:30 AM – Javelin
13:00 PM – Discus Throw
14:30 PM – Hammer
Please note the following:
- The above times are suggested start times only and will run on a rolling schedule. The event may run behind or ahead of schedule so please plan accordingly;
- All athletes will receive 6 throws (athletes must have a legal throw in the first 3 attempts to receive an additional 3 attempts);
- If flight/field sizes are over 10 athletes, flights will be divided by performances;
- If a change in the schedule is required, a new schedule will be posted on this webpage by 20:00 PM.
- Athletes will be given 15 minutes of warm-up for their event at the conclusion of the previous event.