New Balance 1K Kidsrun
The New Balance Kidsrun is a 1.15 km loop around Imperial Landing Park. It starts 30-minutes before the Icebreaker 8k at 8:30 a.m. and is quick out and back along the beautiful Imperial Landing strip. The run is open to kids 12 years and under and parents can run alongside their child in the kidsrun and are not required to register. After the run, stick around for music, and cheer on the runners as they cross the finish line. Participants are invited to join the party at Steveston Community Centre after both races, where they can take a photo at the new Icebreaker 8k photo wall inside the gym.
New Balance Vancouver
We couldn’t have done it without the amazing support of the New Balance Vancouver crew! A big thanks to Jordan and his New Balance Vancouver team over at their Richmond Location for their support. If you’re looking to pick up some cool gear for running or walking, be sure to support a store that supports it’s community by heading over to their Richmond Location.
THANKS NEW BALANCE VANCOUVER!
Kidsrun Course Map
Kidsrun Event Info
- Please see Icebreaker 8K Registration Page for Kidsrun Cost.
- Race Start Time is 8:30 a.m.
- There will be a registration limit of 100 Participants.
- All kidsrun participants get to enjoy: a post-run meal, on-site entertainment, and a fun Run, Jump, Throw and Wheel Demo and Station.
- Each runners gets a ribbon upon finishing.
- Age of Runners: 0 – 12 years. Parents will need to accompany younger children and can run alongside with them or push a stroller. Children must wear their bibs at all time so they can be identified out on the course by the race marshals.
Kidsrun Race Info
- The New Balance Kidsrun STARTS and ENDS at the same area.
- RACE NUMBERS: Kids must wear the race numbers provided. Race numbers include critical information for medical staff, necessary should the child get lost or experience difficulty.
- In an effort to prevent bottle-necking at the finish line, please ensure / remind your child to keep moving through the Finish Line area. Ribbons can be collected after the race at the Info Booth at the Finish Line area.
- Metal fencing will be in place this year for added security at the Finish Line and to keep the flow of finishers moving forward from the Finish Line.
- A designated First Aid tent will be in place, located near the Start/Finish Line area.
- Marshals will be all along the course to keep children progressing on the route from the start to the finish. If a child becomes distressed they can stay with any marshal who will phone the Race Director with their name and bib number.
- We have an official Lead Bike, Head Marshal and Trail bike that will be sweeping the course and bringing in any child who is distressed and wish to be reunited with their parent.
All proceeds from the Kidsrun go directly to KidSport Richmond, a licensed local chapter of KidSport Canada. KidSport provides support to children in order to remove financial barriers that prevent children from playing an organized sport. KidSport Richmond’s vision is to ensure no kids are watching from the sidelines, simply because their family can’t afford the cost of sport. Since 1993, KidSport has distributed over $68 million in grants and impacted over 750,00 children across Canada to date.
Can’t make it to this year’s Steveston Icebreaker 8K or New Balance Kidsrun? No Problem! Just click the button below to send a donation. Remember every little bit helps, and you might even be helping one of Canada’s future Olympians!