NEW BALANCE 1K KIDSRUN
The New Balance Kidsrun is a 1.15 km loop around Imperial Landing Park. It starts 30 minutes before the Icebreaker 8K at 8:30 a.m. and is a quick out and back along the beautiful Imperial Landing strip. The run is open to kids 12 years and under; parents can run alongside their child in the kidsrun and are not required to register. After the run, stick around to cheer on the 8K runners as they cross the finish line, or head back to the Steveston Community Centre Kids Zone for hot chocolate, snacks, face painting, and games.
NEW BALANCE VANCOUVER
We couldn't have done it without the amazing support of the New Balance Vancouver crew! A big thanks to Jordan and the team at the New Balance Richmond location for their support. If you are looking to pick up some cool gear for running or walking, be sure to check out this store!
THANKS NEW BALANCE VANCOUVER!
KIDSRUN COURSE MAP
KIDSRUN EVENT INFO
- Please see the Icebreaker 8K Registration Page for the Kidsrun cost.
- Race start time is 8:30 a.m.
- There will be a registration limit of 100 participants.
- Age of runners: 0-12 years. Parents will need to accompany younger children and can run alongside with them or push a stroller. Children must wear their bibs at all times so they can be identified on course by the race marshals.
- Each runner will receive a ribbon upon finishing the race.
- After the run, participants are encouraged to head to the Kids Zone in the Steveston Community Center for snacks, hot chocolate, face painting, and games.
- Don't forget to take a photo of your athlete at the Icebreaker 8K Media Wall and use the hashtag #NBkidsrun on social media!
KIDSRUN RACE INFO
- The New Balance Kidsrun STARTS and ENDS in the same area.
- RACE NUMBERS: Kids must wear the race numbers provided. Race numbers include critical information for medical staff, which is necessary should the child get lost or need assistance.
- All Kidsrun racers will collect their ribbons at the info booth beside the Kidsrun finish line. Please meet your athlete there and do not wait on the race course as we will be preparing for the Icebreaker 8K start at 9 a.m.
- A designated First Aid tent will be in place, located near the Start/Finish line area.
- Marshals will be on hand along the route to support and encourage our Kidsrun athletes. Any athlete who needs assistance and wishes to return to their parents will be assisted by our marshals who have direct contact with our Race Director and the start line announcers.
- We have an official Lead Bike, Head Marshal, and a Trail Bike that will be covering the course and assisting any athletes.
All proceeds from the Kidsrun go directly to KidSport Richmond, a licensed local chapter of KidSport Canada. KidSport provides support to children in order to remove financial barriers that prevent children from playing an organized sport. KidSport Richmond's vision is to ensure that no kids are watching from the sidelines, simply because their family can't afford the cost of the sport. Since 1993, KidSport has distributed over $68 million in grants and impacted over 750,000 children across Canada to date.
Can't make it to this year's Icebreaker 8K or Kidsrun? No problem! Just click the button below to send a donation. Remember every little bit helps, and you might even be helping one of Canada's future Olympians!